Letís face it, dental schools want well rounded, philanthropic,
passionate people so therefore it is imperative that you get
involved at school and in the community. The more the better,
especially if it means assuming some type of leadership role.
Here are some suggestions:
- visit a dental clinic or dentist and learn what the profession
is all about
- volunteer at a hospital to learn what it is like to deal with patients
- volunteer at telethons, mentor programs, community events, etc.
- join clubs at campus (MCB, Pre-health or whatever else you like)
- get some research experience at a University or Biotech company
- get a summer retail job dealing with customers